This past weekend was her first performance. It was at the Sherwood Park Mall on stage for the Festival of Trees. Her Grandma Cassidy and Grandma Kim both came all the way from Cold Lake to see her perform. And as a surprise she also got her Uncle Dan, Auntie Jodi, cousins Natty and Isaac to watch her too!
I thought my girl would have no problems, since she seems to have her Daddy's outgoing personality, but I was proved wrong. She was nervous. Before she went on stage she had to hang out back for 45 minutes with a room full of girls, and I could tell that she didn't have any buddies in the group and so was feeling alone. And scared. But even so, she didn't cry and didn't run away. I was so proud of her. She is the youngest in the class, and some other girls in the class it is their second year so they feel more comfortable. But my girl was a little trouper and stuck through it. At the end she finally spied me and the rest of the gang and gave us a big smile and wave. :) I don't know what everyone else did, but I gave her a HUGE smile and a 'thumbs up'.
After the show she got lots of hugs and positive reinforcement from her fans (family). Thanks guys!
Waiting with the rest of the girls.
This picture, I just wanted to pick her up and hug her! She looks so lonely and scared.
Peeking out behind the curtain at the other performers.
Teacher-helper setting up the bells. My girl is at the very end of the line.
The girls are performing, but my girl is too nervous and is just standing there, staring at all the people.
She loved ringing the bells, though!




No comments:
Post a Comment