Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

6 1/2 months for nothing

6 1/2 months in a brace and cast all for nothing.

NOTHING!

(insert swear word here)

She needs surgery.

I knew as soon as the doctor walked in the room with two other people. My heart sank to my stomach. One person to hand me kleenex and the other to give me more info after the doctor left.

I wasn't prepared for it. On our drive in I was so happy. Thinking this was finally done.

It will be booked in the next couple of months. Until then she is free to move around. I hope she doesn't learn to crawl because then she'll be really pissed off.

She'll be in the hospital for 24 to 48 hours and then another 6 weeks in the cast.

She'll be bigger then and the doctor said she might not fit into her car seat. Hopefully they'll have a special one for us to use. They are ordering them but it depends on if they have any left by that time.

6 comments:

G-8 Summit said...

That sucks so bad Angie! It's a good thing Kassidy is so awesome and happy and upbeat! She will do great anmd someday you will both look back on this and be thankful! If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask!
Brian

Lindsey said...

I'm sorry to hear that Angie. I'm not sure what to say other than hang in there! Any chance this might prolong your maternity leave? One can hope!
Hang in there Kassidy!

BethJoy said...

I'm sorry! Will the cast be similar to the one she was in before? My prayers are with your family!

BethJoy said...

Oh, and how come you have to wait a couple months to book the surgery? Do they want her to be older?

Angie said...

Yes, the cast is the same as before. And I think they wait because she does have to be a bit older. I wish they could just get it over with!

BethJoy said...

For sure, getting it over with now would be much nicer! But enjoy teaching her some new things in the meantime! Hope to see you soon, maybe on sunday at church?