Here is a picture of my Mom playing with Kassidy. Kassidy didn't even care that I was gone in the basement all day. It made me feel a little sad (hey, what about me? the one who clothes, feeds and changes you every day??) but I'm glad she had fun with her Granny Bubbles.
Not that Kassidy doesn't have enough toys and furniture already, we went out and bought her a Jolly Jumper. We weren't going to get one but her legs aren't very strong from being immobile for so long, so Dan and I thought this might help her get them strengthened up. In this picture we put her piano type toy in front of her to play with. She thought it was pretty cool!
Wednesday we started our Salsa Baby class. What fun! I was all over the place and couldn't get my arms in the action (if I tried doing the arms then my legs just got messed up) but I still sweat like no tomorrow. And we had fun. That's what matters! The next day my entire body felt amazing. Here are some pictures of us with our Salsa buddies: Chrissy and Abby. I have some other friends in the class (Lindsey & Connor and Teena & Allison) but didn't get pictures. Next time!
(No comments on our ears in this picture, please!)
Yesterday I got our deal of a light! Yay!! We just have to get an electrician to install it. So soon I will be able to post a picture of it.
AND yesterday I went to another door place, one that was recommended by a friend. Let me tell you, that is the LAST place I'll be buying a door from. A lady was helping me (if you can call what she did helping). She was in her 50's I'd say. I explained what we were looking for and after some back and forth conversation I said "well, I have some measurements I took so you can give me a price on a door." Her response? You're gonna love this. She didn't even look at my measurements but said "Why don't you go home and get your husband to measure the door and then bring that back?" I don' t even know what to write after that. It leaves me speachless. And angry! Of course I can never react in the moment so I was all pleasant when I left. Now, thinking back, I wish I had said "Oh, is there a man around who can help me?" In your face.
Hopefully my next post will be of an almost-done basement!




2 comments:
Oh Angie, we're gonna teach you how to be assertive for situations like that. Was this place a well known place or was it a mom & pop shop?
As for the dance class... oh goody, I'm oh so happy there's mirrors all over the place! I'm not sure i want to try it now.
It was a BIG store. QualiGlass Windows & Doors. Nice showroom. I need to learn how to have come-backs pop in my head at the moment, not four hours later. Very annoying! Plus I don't normally know I've been insulted right away. I'm a little slow. Teach me teach me!!!
Don't worry about the dance class. If you could see how I moved......well.....lets just say you have nothing to worry about.
Post a Comment