Now you guys know how much I love winter. You'll never hear me say "it's too cold" or "there is too much snow", but I must admit, when the sun was shining down on us today, it did a world of good for my soul. Kassidy and I went for a walk. We drove into Sherwood Park and walked from Sobeys Wye Road to Sobeys Baseline and back. What a workout! I'm pooped. But it felt amazing. For the first little bit Kassidy was humming, because the sidewalk was still bumpy from snow, so it was making her voice go all funny. After about 20 minutes she fell asleep. It was so sweet. I even took my jacket off and was walking in my t-shirt and jeans.
Today turned out to be one of my favourite I've had with sweet pea. After our walk we went to Michaels and Walmart. Instead of putting her in her stroller I carried her around. She was heavy but I enjoyed it. At the stores we looked and touched lots of different things. When we came home and I gave her her bath, for the first time since the cast came off she didn't cry! Well, she did when I washed her hair, but that's ok. When I initially put her in the bath water she screwed up her face like she wanted to cry, but then I started singing and she smiled!
This morning we got to meet another one of Kassidy's new friends. Kaden Lewis. He was born exactly one month ago. Yes, I got pictures. And yes, I managed to lose them. Darn! They were so cute too. Kaden was sitting in Kassidy's lap and she was giving him a kiss on his head. Picture it in your mind. : )
We are such redneck hillbillies. Dan was going on a snowmobile trip today with some friends and he was supposed to bring some meat along, because one of his friends built a cooker on his exhaust pipe. I'm serious.
Speaking of his snowmobile trip, he's not back yet, and he just called my cell phone to say that they are lost. Oh my sweet, sweet husband. : ) There is never a dull moment with him around.
And yes, I did have other pictures to post, but they also went missing. Sorry! I'll get it right next time.
Oh, as a side.....any grammar buffs out there? Something has been weighing on my mind lately. Is it correct to write "into" or "in to"....or does it depend on the context? (Weird question, I know.)
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




3 comments:
In depends how you use "into". That's always one that bugs me too.
This is the best explanation I found. Tell me if it just sounds like gobblety gook to you, or if it clears everything up:
"...into and in to sometimes puzzle people. Into, ... a preposition, indicates motion outside to inside or, figuratively, a modification of condition: 'He stepped into the car,' 'She went into the doldrums.' Sometimes the in is a 'where' adverb used with the preposition to: 'You may go in to see the patient,' 'He went in to his friends in the next room.' When the in is used as an adverb, as in the preceding sentences, there is a rule: The to must not be joined to it"
Yikes! I'll have to digest that one. Thanks Jodi!
Post a Comment