Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 31, 2007

april fools

I'm driving home from a friends place this afternoon, already annoyed because I showed up late and was mad at myself. I called Dan to see if the flooring guys showed up, since they were supposed to be there at 10am and handn't shown up yet when I had left at 10:40. Dan told me that they called to say that the wrong rocks came in and they wouldn't be able to do it for another three weeks. I was even more ticked then. In my cynical mind I was thinking they made an excuse not to come because they had something else to do. My entire drive home I was thinking all sorts of negative thoughts and getting more and more grumpy. When I pulled up to our driveway I saw two vehicles parked there. I figured Dan had some friends stop by and they were hanging out in the garage. I pulled into my parking stall and Dan is standing there with a huge grin on his face. It's the same smile he uses when he's just bought something expensive that he knows I'll be mad about. So I get out of the vehicle and say "OK, what did you do now?". He kept grinning and said "I knew I wouldn't be able to get you tomorrow, so I got you today. April fools." The flooring guys DID show up and were already halfway done! YAY!!!! So I called Dan a jerk and we laughed about his trick. : )

Here's the picture of our floor:


It looks like carpet when you're a bit away from it, but the beauty is we can spill whatever we want on it and it won't stain. So now to re-paint, do baseboards, and move our furniture back in! I can't wait!!!

No comments: