Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 26, 2007

June 14

I'm glad that the sun is shining today, because it is a day of unpleasant things. Things you know that are inevitable yet are easy to put in the back of your mind and forget about. I decided today that it was time to stop ignorning them and face them. So first, I called Dr Dick's office to see if they have a surgery day for Kassidy yet. Yes. June 14. They wanted it to be earlier - in May - but Dr Dick wants a second surgeon in the room with him and it was tricky booking one time for two surgeons. If you want to pray about it - pray that they are able to get her in earlier! Then in the cast for 6 weeks after that. That means she'll be in her cast for her first birthday, and through half the heat of the summer. We may be spending lots of time in our cool basement instead of going to parks if it will be too hot out. I'm looking forward to taking her to water parks so she can sit and splash, but if it will be on for all of July and then in August I go back to work.....(sigh). Which brings me to my second unpleasant thing. When I get off the computer I'm going to call my boss to talk about coming back. Phhhhhhtttttt. Oh, and about her birthday. She's so little she won't know if we celebrate it late, so right now I'm thinking we'll postpone her birthday party until August and make it a combined YAY I'M FIXED! and YAY I'M ONE! party.

Thank you for the sunshine today. : )

My blog wouldn't be complete without a picture or two:

4 comments:

BethJoy said...

It's crazy to think our babies will be one very shortly, hey. I have Logan's birthday party day (aug 11th) picked already, I just hope people will be able to come seeing as he is a summer baby, oh well, his daddy has had to deal with that his whole life too being July 26th!! I will pray that maybe they can find an earlier date for her so she doesn't have to be in it the majority of the summer. But it must be tough booking 2 surgeons together, but hey he wants to make her hips be the best they can be, yay for that!

Jodi said...

oh rangie, i'm so sorry to hear that there is a surgery planned... a day to dread... as opposed to a miracle. but just looking at little kassidy's beautiful little smile in both those pictures fills me with a sense of the miraculous. she is such a treasure and we are so lucky to have her. you will all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

BethJoy said...

Is she eating strawberries in that last picture? She is going to be well on her way by the summer eating all table food, way to go. I have given Logan bear paws to feed himself with because they are soft. It's funny I am more nervous of him coking than I ever was with my 1st, weird!
I need to let him experiment with more textures soon:)

Angie said...

Yeah, she's eating strawberries. I've been very very lucky so far. She hasn't said no to any food I've given her, except for mashed up bananas. Our only eating challenge is getting her to put the food in her mouth by herself. Little stinker still wants me to feed her, even the little stuff!