But, apparantly I haven't listened, and haven't learned.
Friday night I went to check in on Kassidy, like I do every night. I thought she looked uncomfortable, so decided to move her. BIG mistake. She woke up, and didn't want to let me go. Every time I tried to put her down she grasped at my shirt and cried. I was dog tired, so thought "I'll bring her to bed with me, just until she settles down, then put her back in her own bedroom". 6 1/2 hours later.....5:30am.....I wake up, look over, and see Kassidy. "Hey! What's she doing here???" She hears me stir and wakes up, and probably thinks the same thing. At that point our thinking changes. I want to go back to sleep. She wants to talk and crawl all over me. So it was a 5:30am Saturday morning. My own fault. It was fun though. : ) p.s. Dan apparantly came in that night, saw us in bed, and went to sleep on the couch. What a good husband!
Tiger-cat is still getting used to her baths. I've been putting her in her baby tub, to get used to things. She still has her good days and bad days when it comes to water. The picture below is a good day. Reading her Usbourne bath book. QUACK!
Wednesday is her next Dr Dick appointment. I don't know what to feel anymore. I'm a little nervous because her left leg seems really stiff, and she still doesn't move it as much as her right. When her splint is off I try to sit her up and she won't bend. I don't know if it is hurting her or if it's just stiff. I'm trying not to think about it. After her appt with Dr Dick we are scheduled to see the OT (occupational therapist) who made her diaper splint, so she can get a new one made, or so I can ask her about her mobility.
The weather had been absolutely beautful this weekend. Kassidy, Brutus and I have enjoyed some very peaceful walks in the evenings. (Well, I did get bit by a wasp, and it still hurts today, but that's OK - it was still a great memory!)
Kassidy is getting two eye teeth + a molar, all at once. Today was a bad day for her. She woke up from her nap, crying, so I gave her some medicine and then cuddled her on her rocking chair, where she quickly feel asleep in my arms. Ahhhhh. Bliss. : ) When she woke again, Dan decided a ride around our property would make her happy, which it did. We hopped on a machine and rode around, making a few stops at the donkeys to say hello.
Here's a picture of her first bad hair day:
We got our new front door installed today!!! A few last things to do, but it's in place:
And progress on our bathroom:




2 comments:
I LOVE that shot of Kassidy in the tub. It's absolutely wonderful. The lighting, the expression, how she's so intent, the positioning.... great job capturing that moment. : )
Also--nice front door!! Very nice.
THAT BATH PIC IS SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! I love the hair too! I also like the front door and I'm jealous that your bathroom is coming along so nicely - we started ours June 9th and it's still not done!!!
Post a Comment