Today was immunization day for Kassidy. We got her weighed and measured too. Last time this was done she was in the 60th percentile for weight and the 40th for height, which didn't surprise me because neither Dan nor I are tall skinny people. Today though, she surprised me! 20lbs 11oz, which puts her in the 25th for weight and her height was also in the 25th! I was a little concerned at first, and the nurse read that on my face, but I thought about it and she does eat a lot, and she is moving around a lot more now than she ever did before, so that will slim things down a bit. I've been mainly giving her meals and not a whole lotta snacks. The nurse said that at this age most kids snack more than eat meals, so I'll have to switch my way of thinking a bit. Tomorrow, after we get the oil changed in the Jeep, we'll stop to buy her one of those little cups that they can stick their hands in but stuff doesn't fall out.
OK, so you know she's small for her height and weight. What about her head? Get this. 75th percentile! She's got her Daddy's noggin, that's for sure. : ) I don't want to say this out loud, because I know she's understanding what I say now, but I kept thinking in my head that she's my little 'bobble head' girl. haha!
We're getting things ready for winter around here. Today I took the top off the gazebo. As much as you know I love winter, I did feel a little pang of sadness at putting it away. I'm also on the hunt for a snow suit for Kassidy. I'm thinking that some second hand stores will be seeing my face, because when I see the full price of them - WOW! I'd spend that much on one for myself, that would last me 10 years, not one for a girl that would last one season. But we'll see. If I see one that is REALLY cute, I'm sure I'll find some way to justify buying it. : )
I'm also on the hunt for some new glasses. Dan's benefits run out at the end of October so I need them fast. I've been to about 10 stores now and there are a couple that I kinda like, but I find it soooooo hard to decide. Is anyone else like that? I just dread glasses shopping because I know I'll go to almost every store in Edmonton and still not be sure which ones to get, or if I really even like any of them. I need a personal shopper!
OK, that's it. Nothing too exciting, but sometimes that's nice too. : )
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




1 comment:
Kassidy is perfect! Our girls will be little together!
Post a Comment