Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

salsa baby

Kassidy and I went to West Edmonton Mall today because they were putting on a sample Baby Salsa class. We LOVED it! Kassidy was strapped in to me and got to shake a maraca while I swayed my hips and worked those legs. I'm glad no one I knew was watching because I'm not too graceful. : ) But it was fun and I signed us up! We start the end of March. If anyone else wants to join us the website is: www.jadoredance.com. We're taking the Wednesday afternoon class.

Sinker pants has started something new this week. Dan and I thought at first it was because of the cast being off (and it may well be) but now I'm thinking it's more like separation anxiety. At night when I put her down to sleep she cries and cries and cries. We're not doing anything different. Night time we have a very predictable routine so she knows what the deal is. Tonight it took me an hour to settle her down. I'm trying not to pick her up because as soon as I do she stops crying and falls asleep in my arms, and then when I go to put her down she starts screaming again. Tonight, after going into her room a few times to just stand by her crib so she knew I was there, I gave in staying out of her room and letting her cry it out. It hurt. I've never done that before. I wanted to comfort her but obviously the comforting wasn't working. Hopefully this doesn't last too long and I have my sleep loving baby back.

Here are some pictures I took of her today:



Boy does she like showing off her tongue! It's because she knows she gets a reaction out of me. Stinker. It makes me laugh every time.


I fed her beef and broccoli for lunch. Apparantly she doesn't like that combination. After a few dramatic gags she resorted to showing me the food on her tongue, and then eventually spitting it out. I tried so hard not to laugh!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I checked out the website and am seriously considering it! You're taking the wednesday @ 2:15 class? Looks like I can't register until March 5th so I will then. Looks like fun but lots of hard work. I can't imagine having 18lbs strapped to the front of me for 45 mins!!

Angie said...

Oh yes yes yes - join up with me Lindsey!

Yup, the 2:15 Wednesday class. I got to register early since I went to that trial class. Yeah, you have to wait until next week. It's LOTS of fun! And yes, having my 17lb baby gave me some sweat, that's for sure!

Chrissy and Brian said...

I wanna come too! What kind of carrier do you have? Are you using a sling, or like a bjorn thing?

Angie said...

Yeah Chrissy!

I borrowed a friend's wrap. One of those long peices of fabric you wrap all around you and then strap your baby in. Like the one they show on the jadoredance website. There were other mommy's at the class who had bjorn like things though and they worked too. If you want, the lady sells the fabric wraps for $35.

I hope you can make it!

Lindsey said...

I mentioned it to my mom's group and at least one is interested. Hopefully we can all fit in. I'm registering ASAP on the 5th.