Oh, how our world will change once that cast comes off. "What? Are you saying it's not wise to place a 7 month old baby on top of a three foot high kitchen table?" Oh yes, what a complete change it will be.
After breakfast Dan went outside to play in the new snow, which is still falling. Our little girl isn't going to want to be in the house baking cookies with mommy when she's got a dad this fun:
Dan had taken his Suzuki out of the garage and was trying to jump it over the snow pile. He almost got it, but then it got stuck and this picture is of him using his quad to pull it out. After that was out he drove the quad around the yard, with Brutus close at his heels, which landed Brutus a nice face wash. It was sweet. So next year Kassidy will be in her little pink snow suit, sitting next to daddy, yelling "faster daddy! faster!".
As to the title of this blog, I got to chase a coyote for the first time the other day. I was driving to the mailboxes and the coyote was running in front of me down the road. I clocked that guy going 50km/hr! When he finally got to a spot where he wanted to get off the road, he was going so fast that when he jumped into the ditch he did a complete face plant in the snow. It was awesome.
Have I told you lately how much I love living on an acreage? : )
I'm starting to get really excited. Next Wednesday (21st) is Kassidy's appointment with Dr Dick. It will be two weeks shy of having the cast on for three months. I don't know exactly what will happen at that appointment, but I don't think we'll know if the cast has worked yet, nor will we be getting it off that day. We'll have to make another o.r. appointment. Sure, there is still the chance it hasn't worked and she'll still need surgery, but I'm not thinking that way. I'm thinking that in the next four week that cast will be off and I'll be kissing my baby's chubby little legs again. To think it's almost been three months since I've seen them! She'll get to go in her exersaucer, roll on the floor, and do things she has never done before, like put her feet in her mouth and go swimming. Oh please please please make her hip 100% and not in need of surgery! I want to have a party!! : )




2 comments:
we'll be there for the party!! Logan has much to teach her:) We will keep Kassidy in our prayers that God is healing her little hips and she'll be ready to get that cast off without need of surgery!
Love you guys.
Bacon... funny! I read it and thought of that right away then when I read your comment in brackets I laughed out loud!
I can't see the pictures.. what's up?
Post a Comment