Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

it's off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! The cast is off! I can't even begin to describe how happy I am. There is no word for it. For the first time since this ordeal started 5 1/2 months ago I walked through the UoA hospital with tears of joy rather than sadness. I honestly had to choke them back. And my smile. You couldn't wipe it off my face. I want so badly to post a picture of my baby's belly and legs, but my digital camera is hooped. I'm busy snapping pictures with the old manual one and I'll have those developed soon to scan in. She was awake when they took the cast off so screamed, and I cried (partly out of happiness and partly because she was screaming). When I got that first look at her belly I was so happy. It's the cutest belly I have ever seen. Once it was all done I realized I hadn't brought any diapers with fastners on them - they had all been cut off to fit in the cast - because I didn't think we were getting it off. One of the tech's there went and found one for me. Then Kassidy and I cuddled. A true cuddle. Body to body. Wraped up in one another. She enjoyed it as much as me because normally she's not that cuddly. But she wouldn't leave the warmth of my body for a good hour. And then I got to feed her. Not having her lie straight on her back with her head turned to me. A real cuddly baby feed. With her tiny little body wraped around mine. True bliss. : )

The doctor wasn't sure if he should take it off because it's "only" been on for 9 weeks and they like it to be on for 12, but this one was getting tight on her, so he made the decision to take it off. Wow. 9 weeks? It seriously felt like 30.

From here she has to go back to wearing the diaper splint for 3 weeks, until we go see him again. But a diaper splint? Come on. That's easy after that yucky cast! A splint means I can take it off and look at her cute little legs. Give her a bath and let her splash around. I went and got her weighed on the way home. 17lbs 5oz! My little tiger cat was 14lbs 11oz last time I got to weigh her, on December 13. And I also pulled out her old car seat. The ones that little babies use. I want to use it again and carry her around in it. Hey, I'm used to carrying her 17lb body + a cast so I figure the car seat isn't much different! : ) Bundle her up in there so she's all nice and cosy.

Her legs are still in a strange shape when she's naked. She's used to having them the way the cast held them. But that will go away with time. Her skin is really dry too so I'll have to lather her up. With joy. : )

I wish I could think of a word to describe my joy right now, so that you too could feel it.

3 comments:

Kirst said...

Congrats! I love reading about Kassidy. That is so awesome. Will you know in 3 weeks if she has to have the surgery or is it a for sure no? Have fun cuddling her.

Lindsey said...

Oh Angie I'm so happy for you guys! I teared up reading about you being able to cuddle her and feel her so close to you! That's so awesome! I'm soooo happy for you!!!!

BethJoy said...

You don't need to find a word, because I could feel it just reading your post! The things we all take for granted, you are so thrilled for. Thank-You for sharing!