Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

First tooth - First solid food

Kassidy got her first tooth on the weekend! The sharp little razor has emerged from the gums. It's not up all the way, but it's out all right.

I was supposed to start her on solid food a couple of weeks ago (according to my doctor, that is) but was putting it off. After that tooth emerged I figured we may as well get going on it. So today is now day five of eating rice cereal. The first four days didn't go so good. She kept her mouth shut most of the time. But this morning....BINGO! Day five was the winner. She polished off all the food I made (well.....except for the stuff that ended up running down her chin, or on her fingers, or on her hands, or on her bib.....you get the picture). It was pretty cute. I wanted to eat her chubby little fingers all covered in cereal. : )

Tomorrow is new cast day. I called the hospital this morning to find out what time we have to be there. 6am. You heard me right. 6am. C-R-A-Z-Y! I'll have to wake up little Kassidy at 3:30am to feed her (because she can't eat for so many hours prior to being put under) then we'll be out of the house at 5am. I have an entertainment bag packed this time. Toys and books. Hopefully the day won't be as long as it was last time, but I'm not betting on it. I'm preparing myself mentally to be there for the day. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

And hopefully I can get some pictures on here. I found out that I was doing the correct process to get the photos on the blog, but I think because I'm on dial up it takes a long time so I might have to try doing pictures at night, when we don't expect people to be trying to call us.

1 comment:

Chrissy and Brian said...

Yay for teeth!
we'll be praying for you tomorrow. Hope all goes well!