I took Kassidy to the doctor yesterday because she's still coughing and stuffed up, and she's got 'snotty' eyes now too. I always told myself that I wouldn't be one of "those" parents, who run into the doctor at any little sniffle. I thought I did pretty good, waiting until Wednesday to bring her in since she'd been sick since Saturday. Maybe not. The doctor walked in the room and said "So, Kassidy is sick again hey?". "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't say that!!!!!" I screamed in my head. Outside I just smiled. I ran through my mind all of our doctors appointments: two for regular check-ups that the doctor told me to make. One that the hospital required before she got her cast on. And then again now. Yes, that is a lot of appointments for a 5 month old girl, but only one was sick related. I wanted to tell the doctor that, but I thought 'just let it go Angie'. Maybe because I'm sensitive to being one of "those" mom's I took her comment out of context. Or not. But it turned out to be a justified appointment. Kassidy is wheezing so got some medicine to help her breath and not cough so much, and she got some drops to put in her eyes. So we are still house bound because the doctor said the cold she has is highly contagious. I'm starting to go a little stir crazy......therefore the reason for my babbling away on this looooong blog.
: ) I COULD be working on my curtains that I started over a year ago, or I COULD be doing housework.....but that just doesn't seem like much fun, now does it?
Christmas and New Years 2015
10 years ago




3 comments:
I, too, am terrified of being one of those moms, but you just gotta know that mother's intuition trumps all. Go with the gut: it will never let you down.
I, also, am going stir-crazy from being house-bound, but for different reasons, of course. Call me. Any outlet is welcome these days, even if it isn't actually fresh-air related. ; )
Here's to you little tiger-cat. Hope your meow is up to full use soon.
I laughed reading this because I know the exact face you make when you have something to say but just try to let it go... and you usually make like a "humh" noise with your smirk. ;) You're so funny.
In a way the fact that she did need some meds must have made you want to say "I told you so" to the doctor!
Hope she gets better soon! Poor little girl has been through a lot already!
P.S.
When are you gonna post some pictures?
Post a Comment