Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 11, 2007

New cast

Another looooong hospital day. We left the house at 5am and walked back in the door at 7pm. I'm mentally exhausted. It didn't go as well this time. She cried more so it made the day longer. And I'm disappointed - Dr Dick said the hip is still really loose. It makes me afraid that she'll need surgery, even after all of this. Poor little lady has been in a diaper splint since 1 1/2 months old. I just want her to be 'normal'. Take her swimming. In the shower with me. Practice rolling over. Put her in jeans. Have her bounce on my lap. She had the old pink cast on for four weeks (it felt like four months to me, honestly). This time she isn't scheduled to see Dr Dick again for six weeks, and that's just for a consult and x-ray. Not to take it off. So that takes us to the end of February, then see where we go from there. I know I know. It's for the best. She won't remember. etc etc etc. You know what the best is? That she didn't have this. Some days I don't even want to see other people's babies because it makes me feel sad. I can't coop us up though. (I'd go insane! haha). I want to continue doing as much normal stuff as we can, and really enjoy my year off with little tiger cat. I have my sad moments, but I get over them eventually and enjoy the lovely gift my little fairy princess is to us.

How do you like the new colour? Dan requested black. Because it's sophisticated. She is a little lady, you know. : )

It's a different shape now. More splayed out. Luckily she still fit in the car seat because her legs go over the sides, but I'm having doubts that she'll fit in the stroller. Man, I hope so, or that we can rig it somehow that she'll fit, because I enjoy going out with her. If anyone knows of anyone that has a wide stroller - wide where the legs go - that would be willing to sell it to us or lend it - I'd appreciate it very much!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, poor little Tiger-cat. : ( She's just little. She doesn't deserve this...

Don't feel bad about feeling bad, Rangie. You have every right in the world to feel how you're feeling. It's ok. I'd feel that way too. You have a great outlook on a difficult situation though, and you have my complete admiration.

Chrissy and Brian said...

I agree with Jodi! You are a great Mom, and your positive attitude rubs off on Kassidy, that is why she is such a brave girl!
And I love the new colour! Little Miss Kassidy is quite sophisticated!

BethJoy said...

You have every right to feel the way you do, but you also know how truly blessed you are and you are such a strong woman, and you can see that in Cassidy! What a little angel.

Van Doodles said...

Love the new cast, looks fabulous the with the red hair (he, he)... hopefully this will do the trick this time, I don't want you and Kassidy to have to continue to go through this. Good thing is you'll both be stronger for it!
I agree with all the comments... you are a AWESOME MOM, and how you are dealing with this is inspiring.