Here are the GASHES left on my baby's behind, from that nasty cast. My poor little girl. No wonder she cried so much. At night she'd be lying on her back, the cast digging into and rubbing on those raw spots. I feel sick thinking about it. I've been putting polysporin on them hoping they won't leave scars on her perfect little baby skin.
She got the new cast on Friday. I am going to call Monday and thank the receptionist for getting us in so quickly. The day went really well too. I couldn't feed her past 7am (because they put her to sleep) but she didn't go in for the cast change until 1:15pm. She was SO hungry. She knows that Mommy = Food so wouldn't stop crying while I held her. A wonderful nurse realized that and held her for me for an hour. Other nurses would also come by and hold her throughout our wait. What a nice bunch of ladies. My brother, Danny, came to the hospital at 1:15, just as Kassidy went in for the procedure. We sat in the cafeteria for a while, waiting, and talking about this and that, which was great because it got my mind off of what my little princess was going through. He was able to stay with me right till it was time to leave. THANK YOU DANNY! I wouldn't have been as strong as I was if he wasn't there with me.
So another four weeks to go until we see Dr Dick again. My guess is he'll tell us that he needs to test it again, so book another O.R. appointment in two weeks. He'll take the cast off and if we are lucky it will stay off. The other option, if it's not healed yet, is surgery. She's been through so much already I really hope it doesn't come to that, but part of me is prepared for it, just in case.
On the UP SIDE: Dan's Mom, Kim, visited us this weekend. Because Kassidy is back to her normal, happy baby self, Kim was able to make her laugh and smile. Even do her tounge trick for her. : )




1 comment:
Oh Angie, you've been through so much! I'm thinking of Kassidy hoping this comes to an end soon, and without surgery!!
Post a Comment