Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

she's too little


Oh my. When will the drama end? Kassidy's too little to go through all of this. I took Kassidy to emergency on Sunday because the cast was cutting into her leg, causing sores and swelling because it was too tight. They trimmed it. I woke up this morning to new cuts and bleeding too. Back to the hospital. We have an appointment with her doctor tomorrow but I couldn't wait until then. This picture shows the cuts on her leg. Some might be burn marks from the cutting tool too. It gets really hot. She screamed. I felt terrible. My nerves are getting frazzled and we're only at the half-way mark for having to wear this cast. I had one nurse come in today and said "Oh, I thought I recognized the name but I thought it couldn't be right because I told you not to come back here if it's cutting again". WHAT?! I kept my cool, took a deep breath, and calmy said "I called her doctor on Monday and the only time he can see her is Wednesday. His receptionist told me to come back to emergency if something comes up that can't wait. And I also spoke to his office on my drive in here to see if I'm going to the right place." Geez. She's bleeding you dimwit! I overheard her later saying to someone that she doesn't have kids, so that could partly explain her comment. But come on. You work in pedeatric emergency. Get with the program. So we'll see tomorrow what Dr Dick says. I hope he can change the cast for her tomorrow. If not, then I hope what emergency did was good enough and will last the next six weeks.

5 comments:

BethJoy said...

You are amazing Angie, I can't tell you enough how strong you are! We are always here to talk if you need to. God knows everything you're going through and will hold your hand, but most importantly he is holding Cassidy's!

Chrissy and Brian said...

So did she get a new cast? I agree with Bethany, you are amazing.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Lindsey said...

You are a Saint. After all you've been through then having a stupid arse be snotty like that to you when your baby is bleeding and in pain and you not knock her block off is admireable. To hear she doesn't have kids doesn't surprise me... she shouldn't be a pediatric nurse either!!!!
I'm mad and it doesn't even involve me!
Hope they can get this straightened out for Kassidy.

Chrissy and Brian said...

Just wanted to say that I am thinking about you today. I hope the new cast feels better for Kassidy.
See you sunday.

BethJoy said...

Ditto, I hope all went well with you and Cassidy today, my thoughts & prayers are with you! Have a great weekend!