Kassidy birthday ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 1, 2007

nasty cold

Well it's happened. Kassidy has got her first nasty cold. Poor little peanut! We've had two nights now of consoling her in the wee hours of the night because she can't breath through her tiny little nose. It's amazing all the little tricks people have to help her feel better. We've tried them all and the winners are: Dimetapp (#1 winner!!); humidifier; raised head at night; cooled off room; sitting in the bathroom with the shower running at full-tilt hot for a nice steam bath effect. As for aspirators and saline solution? Mmmmm....they're OK, but I felt awful doing it. My little fairy princess, who only cries when she is tired or hungry, is now crying because she feels like a giant peice of poo and mommy can't do anything amazing to make her all better. Aaaaaaaannnnndddddd........I ran my fingers along her bottom gums and I can feel teeth! Wee little sharp razors starting to poke through. So she's teething too. I'm excited about that one. I don't know how excited she is about it though. : )

3 comments:

BethJoy said...

be careful, those little razers can make nice cuts in your er... nipples! Keep lanolin close by, and you can get through it, Jonah got his two first teeth at 3 months and I nursed him till he was 2 1/2 yrs, it was tough for a few months as they came in. Until they ground each other down and become flat, cause at first they are pointy and sharp, and can well, will hurt. Logan doesn't have any yet, he is taking longer than his brother, being almost 5 months.
if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I have probably been there!

Lindsey said...

ooohhh.... bad combo feeling like crap and having your gums hurt! Poor little girl - hopefully that's over soon!

Angie said...

Ooooohhhhh.....Beth. Thanks for the warning. Serious. Maybe NOT so excited now. Ha!